A downloadable game for Windows
Play as Kyle, a horse from Horse World, as his world suddenly comes under attack by an alien invasion. Gathering allies, and collecting weapons, from other Zones in Horse World, will he be able to push back the invasion?
This [Abridged] version is for the Indie Game Maker Contest 2018. Hopes are to continue building on it, and eventually releasing it on mobile devices also.
v2 adds a few fixes/improvements, without changing the overall feel from the game jam:
- added the feature to upgrade your horse & gear, whenever you meet defeat. This represents the grind for XP/money to buy upgrades, just without the grind. This should allow players to get past the fourth stage (I suggest purchasing horse upgrades to improve health) after a few upgrades.
- added the feature to customize the colors of the horse.
- fixed the magic barrier, allowing it to defend against multiple attacks (instead of just one), and allowing the animation to play properly.
- fixed the blade, allowing it to damage enemies directly, in addition to (previously operational) defending against enemy bullets.
- fixed the bug where resuming from pause would keep previous movement going.
- enemy bullets appear slightly larger (does not affect the hit area) to slightly improve visibility. Playing the game maximized is recommended though.
Thanks for the great feedback! While WarHorse [Abridged] will not have all of the improvements, WarHorse [Unlimited] will benefit.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.